Tuesday, October 7, 2008

within me

I'll fight my hamsters, break the rules. I'll burn the houses and move to Tennessee. I'll wear what I like and not care who's looking. This heart will break and be born again. Love is what it is and I am love. All the storms on the sea won't bring this ship down. It's made of gold and never sinks. Let the colors bend me, let the music awaken my soul, but your actions, your actions you make are yours alone. Never mine. And they do not move me. They do not awaken my soul and quench my spirit. But your words do. Your sweet, sweet words. They cut me like a knife, open for all to feast. And I do not mind it. It lets me feel. So let them flow over me like the ocean waves, hitting my face. Ever changing, never the same. Awaken this deep slumbering flower. Let it bloom in cold December.



My heart will beat twice, three times. Never stopping, ever increasing. Let me feel what has been waiting for me. Let the waves build up within me but when it does, let me go. Stretching out across the plain, let me go. Feel the sweet air blow kisses against my forehead and cheek. The sweet air and the tall trees, so wise and strong. Teach me your ways. I want to feel life breathed within me. Shoot beams of light out of my fingers and toes. Renew my weary soul. Let it know where it can rest. Under the soft shade in the cool, cool grass. Let me sleep.



My heart beating so steadily, so strong, let it go. Let me fly free with the whispering trees. Let me dance with the leaves. Whether I return or not, let it be up to the wind.

No comments: