Thursday, February 21, 2008

Destination: Hilo, Day 1

I went to Hilo! Just for the weekend for my friend's baby shower. It was very exciting since I hadn't been to Hilo in a little over a year. It's a half an hour flight from Honolulu to Hilo. What interest would I have in Hilo? Well first off, Hilo is a Town on the Big Island. Yes, This Island is called the "Big Island" or otherwise known as "Hawaii". And the combination of all the Islands is also known as "Hawaii". We like to name things for what they are here, and yes the Big Island is big. :P


I left Friday, late afternoon on Hawaiian Airlines. The main airlines in Hawaii to travel inter-island are Hawaiian, Aloha and Go!. :P


When I arrived in Hilo, the atmosphere is very different from Honolulu. Everyone is laid back. And I mean, real laid back. Honolulu is not laid back compared to Hilo. There's no crazy rush, even at the airport.


People from Hilo are known for their hospitality and size. haha! But seriously, I'm not kidding. It's easy to get comfortably fat in Hilo. :P


Here's a nighttime shot of Hilo. I don't see any cars.. do you?


After having L&L with my dad, then hanging out at my mom's house for awhile, I retired to my room at my dad's. I'd like to add that I've never been raised in this room. It's a house my dad rents with his roommate. My older brother also lives here. I think his girlfriend lives there as well. No matter, It's a place where I can sleep!


There happens to be 2 beds in this room. Don't ask me. But I suppose if I wanted to have a sleepover it would be possible?


There's also a closet in this room. I hung a few of my things. And how nice! Extra pillows?


There's one other furnishing in this fairly large room, and that's this desk. It has a stereo on it and some other junk that I've slowly been leaving here instead of taking it back to Honolulu. It's sort of my lame-o way of claiming the room as mine ;). So generically clever.

No comments: