Thursday, February 21, 2008

Destination: Hilo, Day 2


First thing in the morning, [well, morning for me :P 10:30am haha] my younger brother picks me up and we stop by my mom's house before the baby shower. Wow! Check out the traffic! :O hahaha!


This is my brother. :) He is hard of hearing. Meaning, he's deaf in one ear and uses a hearing aid in the other. He was born this way. He's 18 and super cool. :D He doesn't really look like me, you say? Yea, you're probably right. haha! We share the same mom only. [The Filipino side]. His biological dad is half Korean, half Japanese.


We arrive at my mom's house.


Here's what my mom's place looks like. [dining room]


[living room]


A quick 360 spin. [kitchen]


[other living room?]


My mom loves<3<3 unicorns @_@


There's also things like Japanese oyama dolls. I remember seeing these things since I was little and these aren't for play! :O These dolls are actually quite significant and hold a lot of meaning.
To learn more about Japanese dolls: Click Here


Time to go! The baby shower is located by University of Hawaii of Hilo.


I was so excited to see this campus since I spent 2 years of my life here. This is the gym where I took 2 semesters of ballet. It was so much fun!


Here's the UH Theatre. I guess they're having their 60th anniversary.


Me and my brother got a bit lost and had to ask some dude studying where this restaurant was. He gave me poor directions haha! But check out the vog! Yes, that's not mist, but volcanic vog. It's pretty strong stuff. Makes you cough and blow black stuff out your nose if you breathe in too much. It's also extremely bad for you if you have asthma.


Now it's time for the Baby Shower! The reason of me flying down here in the first place! Someone made this cool diaper cake. My friend is having a boy named "Malakai".


Someone also made a diaper bouquet. So crafty! I love it!


It was pretty cool since it was a surprised party. She was extra surprised to see me there since it had been a year since we had seen each other. We hugged right away and then her mom scolded her telling her to greet everyone else and not just me hehe. :P


There were lots of games at the party. The most rememberable was the clay baby game. We had 10 minutes to sculpt a baby out of clay using a toothpick and a tissue. I'm proud to say that mine won 2nd place! Not bad, not bad. ;) My baby is the one in the upper right hand corner.


Humorously, the one that almost was the most ugliest baby was made by my good childhood friend Leesa. She called it a snowman baby. Whatever it was, it didn't come out so good haha! Ironically, her mom ended up winning the award for the ugliest baby! :O


Here's Charisse deciding what baby to eat, I mean choose haha! It's just weird that they were on plates. It looks like they were food. She has some serious cleavage action going on there.


There were a bunch of other very cute games. Very classy party.


She received many gifts! Lucky baby ;)!


Nice view too.


Family picture of the girls. From the left: Her younger daughter, Sheryl; Her mom, Sheri; Charisse and below; her grandma.


A nice way to end the day, with coffee and cake! mmm P:

No comments: